Every year on the 14th of February, Dad would buy a large heart-shaped box of assorted chocolate candy for Mom. He would also buy a smaller version each for my brother and me. I remember how Mom would use her thumb to find the vanilla crèmes and rule out the chewy caramels, rendering her box unappealing to everyone else. Clever woman!
Like April, poets undertake the challenge of November to be writing daily. For the most part, I do write daily throughout the year, but intentionality is an energizing delight. There are multiple places for a poet to find inspiration and a few extra ones during this coming month and I intend to press a thumb into the various sources to find the dark chocolate mocha (my personal favorite) of inspiration and then write and post here at Jilly’s. Here is a list of some of the places I will be sampling. I hope you will all find your favorites and celebrate the deliciousness of poetry in November!
- Jilly’s November Challenge of Casting Bricks to Attract Jade (Posting on Friday, 11/3) A perma-link will be on my sidebar, as usual. Everyone is welcome!
- Jane Dougherty meets W.B. Yeats with daily quotes from her favorite poet.
- Poetic Asides; Robert Lee Brewer’s PAD Chapbook Challenge
- Weekly Haikai challenges from Frank J. Tassone (every Saturday)
- dVerse, of course, with the usual line-up of great prompts on Monday, Tuesday & Thursdays.