Jilly’s September Challenge!
Welcome, again, my Poetic Friends, to another round of Collaborative Poetry; I’m thrilled to have you here! It’s hard to believe that August is over already. We had such a great time writing Challenge Poems and completing one another’s words in the August Challenge. The link for August remains open, so you are certainly welcome to return there and complete any of the Challenges that were posted.
I am ready to getting September rolling and plan to get my Half Poem Challenge posted soon. I look forward to hosting the fun again this month. Here’s how it works:
- Write a half poem and post it to your blog with a link or tag back to this page (Jilly’s September Challenge).
- If your Challenge poem is a form (sonnet, quadrille, etc.) please state as such and give a quick review of the form or a link to a site that does that for you.
- Stop by here and add your Challenge link to our Mr. Linky.
- Find other Challenges that you would like to complete.
- Write the 2nd half of their poem and post the entire poem to your blog.
- Return here to our Mr. Linky again and post the link to that completed poem.
- You may also want to put a comment on the other person’s original Challenge post to let them know you have accepted their challenge.
- Spread the word! Extend the invitation to your other poet friends to join us. We are a crazy, friendly bunch, after all!
NOTE: In order to keep the links for Challenges (your half poem) different from the links for the Completed Poems, I suggest the following: When posting your Challenge half poem, post the name you would normally use along with the word ‘Challenge’ behind it. ex: Jilly Challenge.
When posting the link for a Completed Challenge, post your user name & the name of the person whose Challenge you completed. ex: Jilly Colin (if I am completing a challenge put out there by our good friend Colin Lee.)
There is no expiration on our Mr. Linky, so feel free to post new challenges and completed challenges throughout the month. Feel free to complete as many or as few challenges as you feel comfortable with. Most importantly, have fun & flex your poetic muscles! Cheers! ~ Jilly
LATE BREAKING NEWS: Qbit at The Quantumverse has suggested a Renga, which is a Japanese collaborative poem that involves many participants! Love the idea! He will take the lead with this, so watch for his Link called Qbit Renga Challenge and pay attention to the little details. This one will be great fun and a source of blogging confuddlement, but hey, what are we if not a bit crazy! 🙂